Thursday, January 11, 2007

New Chickens


So, as I posted 30 secs. ago, we have some new chickens. They are silkie bantams and really cool. I got them from a guy in Hyde Park who had too many.
They were actually his wife's birds that she raises for fun with their grandkids and each was named. When I picking them up, he was told by his wife:
"He can have Willow--that's Black Willow is her name. Oh, and Mira. Her name is Mira because she is our little miracle. Sat on eggs for weeks and weeks and a miracle came and they hatched."
I kind of rolled my eyes but didn't let them see. I did walk away with 5 new birds for a steal of $10, but as I left, I was asked,
"You aren't going to eat them are you?"
Her husband responded, "Now honey, they're his birds now."
And I quelled her fears, "No, don't worry, I'm not going to eat them. I have enough larger birds in the freezer right now."

1 comment:

Soozcat said...

Some of the Silkies in that Wikipedia article look like living, walking dust mops.